lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From vishal patel <vishalpatel200...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: Replica is going into recovery in Solr 6.1.0
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2020 04:16:08 GMT
Is there anyone looking at this?

________________________________
From: vishal patel <vishalpatel200928@outlook.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 3:45 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Subject: Replica is going into recovery in Solr 6.1.0

I am using solr version 6.1.0, Java 8 version and G1gc on production. We have 2 shards and
each shard has 1 replica. Suddenly one replica is going into recovery mode and Requests become
slow in our production.
I have analyzed that minor GC max pause time was 1 min 6 sec 800 ms on that time and also
multiple times minor GC pauses.

My logs :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/158z3nzLsnHGouyRnXgfzCjwD4iadgKSp/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E4jyffvIWVJB7EeEMXBXyqaK2ZfAA8kk/view?usp=sharing

I do not know why long GC pause time happened. In our platform heavy searching and indexing
is performed.
long GC pause times happen due to searching or indexing?
If GC pause time long then why replica is going into recovery? can we set the waiting time
of update request?
what is the minimum GC pause time for going into recovery mode?

It is useful for my problem? : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9310

Regards,
Vishal Patel