lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Rudenko, Artur" <Artur.Rude...@verint.com>
Subject Possible performance issue in my environment setup
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2020 11:17:05 GMT
I'm am currently investigating a performance issue in our environment (20M large PARENT documents
and 800M nested small CHILD documents). The system inserts about 400K PARENT documents and
16M CHILD documents per day.
This is a solr cloud 8.3 environment with 7 servers (64 VCPU 128 GB RAM each, 24GB allocated
to Solr) with single collection (32 shards and replication factor 2).

Solr config related info :

<autoCommit>
              <maxTime>${solr.autoCommit.maxTime:3600000}</maxTime>
              <maxDocs>${solr.autoCommit.maxDocs:50000}</maxDocs>
              <openSearcher>true</openSearcher>
       </autoCommit>

       <autoSoftCommit>
              <maxTime>${solr.autoSoftCommit.maxTime:300000}</maxTime>
       </autoSoftCommit>

I found in the solr log the following log line:

[2020-02-10T00:01:00.522] INFO [qtp1686100174-100525] org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher
Opening [Searcher@37c9205b[0_shard29_replica_n112] realtime]

>From a log with 100K records, the above log record appears 65K times.

We are experiencing extremely slow query time while the indexing time is fast and sufficient.

Is this a possible direction to keep investigating? If so, any advices?

Thanks,
Artur Rudenko

This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint Systems
Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized
to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy, disclose or distribute
to anyone this message or any information contained in this message. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this e-mail.