lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Walter Underwood <wun...@wunderwood.org>
Subject Re: support need in solr for min and max
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2020 15:35:20 GMT
I hope you do not plan to use Solr as a primary repository. Solr is NOT a database. If you
use Solr as a database, you will lose data at some point.

The Solr feature set is very different from MySQL. There is no guarantee that a SQL query
can be translated into a Solr query.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

> On Jan 8, 2020, at 3:07 AM, Mohamed Azharuddin <azhar@eitworks.com> wrote:
>
> Hi team,
>
> We are migrating from mysql to apache solr since solr is fast in searching. Thank you.
We had a scenario to

> find 1) difference (max-min)
>         2) with group by date(timeStamp)
>
> Given below is our mysql table :
>

> And mysql query is,
> SELECT Date(eventTimeStamp), MAX(field) - MIN(field) AS Energy FROM PowerTable GROUP
BY DATE(eventTimeStamp);

> will results,
>

> So we have to calculate difference per day, where date column is in datetime format where
we are using result grouping as
> group=true&group.query=eventTimeStamp:[2019-12-11T00:00:00Z TO 2019-12-11T23:59:59Z]&group.query=eventTimeStamp:[2019-12-12T00:00:00Z
TO 2019-12-12T23:59:59Z]

> Using Apache solr statistics option, we are able to calculate max and min for whole result,
But we need max and min value per day basis.