lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search phrase not parsed properly
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2020 02:03:49 GMT
The easiest way to verify this is to use the admin UI. Select a core (or replica), go to the
analysis page. Select the field in question from there and type the words into the textbox.
I’d also uncheck the “verbose” box, the detailed information resulting from that is
unnecessary.

Do note that this is showing you what happens to your input _after_ parsing, so if you type
in query AND will, it’ll think the “AND” is just a word, not an operator. But it’ll
tell you whether the schema you actually use, rather than what you think you’re using is
dropping the “will” and what filter does that if so.

Best,
Erick