lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From chester <nam.p...@construction.com.INVALID>
Subject Search phrase not parsed properly
Date Sat, 11 Jan 2020 00:30:04 GMT
I'm using solr 6.3 and am having an issue with a certain search phrase.

When I search for the phrase "Perkins AND Will", the parsed query does not
include "Will". See debug info below.

select?q=firmname:(Perkins%20AND%20Will)

"debug":{
    "rawquerystring":"firmname:(Perkins AND Will)",
    "querystring":"firmname:(Perkins AND Will)",
    "parsedquery":"firmname:perkin",
    "parsedquery_toString":"firmname:perkin",
    "QParser":"LuceneQParser",

But, if I search for "Johnson AND Perkins", then the phrase is parsed
correctly.

select?q=firmname:(Johnson%20AND%20Perkins)

"debug":{
    "rawquerystring":"firmname:(Johnson AND Perkins)",
    "querystring":"firmname:(Johnson AND Perkins)",
    "parsedquery":"+firmname:johnson +firmname:perkin",
    "parsedquery_toString":"+firmname:johnson +firmname:perkin",
    "QParser":"LuceneQParser",

Can someone explain why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Solr-User-f472068.html