lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Tobias" <mtob...@btinternet.com.INVALID>
Subject Running Solr 4.8.1 as a 64 bit Windows Service
Date Fri, 03 Jan 2020 01:24:05 GMT
Hi guys

We are still running Solr 4.8.1 (Bitnami Windows version) and cannot upgrade
at this time.

Everything has worked fine for a year running as a 32 bit windows service
(Windows Server 2012R2) but we are now experiencing dreadful memory issues -
the JVM is being exhausted and I cannot do any sizeable updates.

We have added RAM to the server and I want to move to 64 bit java to take
advantage of the increased RAM. BUT I am having real problems.  Either the
service refuses to start or I can get it started but it won't load my two
cores.  There was also a java error about java 8 not supporting the
MaxPermSize parameter.. So I have reverted to 32 bit and Solr runs fine for
searches but I cannot do updates to the cores.

Can anybody with experience of this please assist?

Regards

Michael