lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Turn off weighted search
Date Mon, 30 Sep 2019 18:04:23 GMT
Can you give a more detailed example, please? Including the schema bits.

There is a bunch of assumptions in here that are hard to really make
sense of. Solr works with tokens, but you are talking about letter
repetitions. Also, if you want to sort by the string, why not just use
sort parameter? It is not clear why your use case is harder than that

There is also a way to mark the field to not use frequency or length
information (omitNorms, omitTermFreqAndPositions) but I hesitate to
suggest those as you are talking about letters.

Regards,
   Alex.

On Mon, 30 Sep 2019 at 13:31, <Yuri.Gladkov@swisscom.com> wrote:

> Hello
> Is it possible to turn off the weighted search for Solr?
> I mean the results have to be presented in a pure alphabetical order, not by the default
weighted order. So if a certain letter appears in a word 2 times, this word shouldn' t be
ranked higher.
> I spent the whole day trying to find the solution in the internet, tried various options
with EdgeNGramFilterFactory, but it still doesn't work (the results starting with "a" have
to come up first and the results starting with "z" come up last, currently I have "taa" as
a first result, just because the letter "a" appears there two times).