lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Hodder, Rick" <RHod...@navg.com>
Subject SOLR 8.1.1 SynonymQuery(Synonym in parsedQuery
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2019 13:20:34 GMT
 have a SOLR 4.10.2 core, and I am upgrading to 8.1.1.
When I compare parsedQuery for a search 4.10 vs 8.1.1 I am seeing the query wrapped with SynonymQuery(Synonym(
in 8.1.1.
I think it may be because I replaced the deprecated SynonymFilterFactory with SynonymGraphFilterFactory.
Is this a new feature of the SynonymGraphFilterFactory? How can I remove that (or should I?)?
4.10.2
"querystring":"IDX_Company:blue",
    "parsedquery":"(IDX_Company:b IDX_Company:bl IDX_Company:blu IDX_Company:blue)",
8.1.1
"querystring":"IDX_Company:blue",
    "parsedquery":"SynonymQuery(Synonym(IDX_Company:b IDX_Company:bl IDX_Company:blu IDX_Company:blue))",
Here's the field def:
<field name="Company" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="IDX_Company" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"
/>
<copyField source="Company" dest="IDX_Company"/>
Here is the definition of text_general I am using in schema.xml
<fieldType name="text_general" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100" multiValued="true">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1" maxGramSize="15"/>
<!-- RDH - removed side="front"-->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>
        <!-- RDH SynonymFilterFactory has been deprecated, replace with SynonymGraphFilterFactory
-->
        <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>
        <!-- RDH https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/filter-descriptions.html
            Flatten Graph Filter
            This filter must be included on INDEX-time analyzer specifications that include
at least one graph-aware filter, including Synonym Graph Filter and Word Delimiter Graph Filter.
        -->
        <filter class="solr.FlattenGraphFilterFactory"/>
        <!-- strip all punctuation -->
        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory" pattern="[^\p{L}\p{N} ]" replacement="
" replace="all" /> <!-- RDH -->
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
        <filter class="solr.EdgeNGramFilterFactory" minGramSize="1" maxGramSize="15"/>
<!-- RDH - removed side="front"-->
        <filter class="solr.StopFilterFactory" ignoreCase="true" words="stopwords.txt"
/>
        <!-- RDH SynonymFilterFactory is deprecated, replace with SynonymGraphFilterFactory
-->
        <filter class="solr.SynonymGraphFilterFactory" synonyms="synonyms.txt" ignoreCase="true"
expand="true"/>
        <!-- RDH https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/8_1/filter-descriptions.html
            Flatten Graph Filter
            This filter must be included on INDEX-time analyzer specifications that include
at least one graph-aware filter, including Synonym Graph Filter and Word Delimiter Graph Filter.
        -->
        <filter class="solr.FlattenGraphFilterFactory"/>
        <!-- strip all punctuation -->
        <filter class="solr.PatternReplaceFilterFactory" pattern="[^\p{L}\p{N} ]" replacement="
" replace="all" /> <!-- RDH -->
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>