lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hongxu Ma <inte...@outlook.com>
Subject Question: Solr perform well with thousands of replicas?
Date Thu, 29 Aug 2019 03:27:12 GMT
Hi
I have a solr-cloud cluster, but it's unstable when collection number is big: 1000 replica/core
per solr node.

To solve this issue, I have read the performance guide:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SOLR/SolrPerformanceProblems

I noted there is a sentence on solr-cloud section:
"Recent Solr versions perform well with thousands of replicas."

I want to know does it mean a single solr node can handle thousands of replicas? or a solr
cluster can (if so, what's the size of the cluster?)

My solr version is 7.3.1 and 6.6.2 (looks they are the same in performance)

Thanks for you help.