lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Jaroslaw Rozanski" ...@jarekrozanski.eu>
Subject Query field alias - issue with circular reference
Date Fri, 09 Aug 2019 07:07:32 GMT
Hi Folks,

Question about query field aliases.

Assuming one has fields:

 * foo1
 * foo2
Sending "defType=edismax&q=foo:hello&f.foo.qf=foo1 foo2" will work.

But what in case of, when one has fields:

 * foo
 * foo1
Say we want to add behaviour to queries that are already in use. We want to search in existing
"foo" and "foo1" without making query changes.

Sending "defType=edismax&q=foo:hello&f.foo.qf=foo foo1" will *not* work. The error
is "org.apache.solr.search.SyntaxError: Field aliases lead to a cycle".

So, is there anyway, to extend search query for the existing field without modifying index?

--
Jaroslaw Rozanski | me@jarekrozanski.eu