lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Toke Eskildsen <t...@kb.dk>
Subject Re: SOLR 7+ / Lucene 7+ and performance issues with DelegatingCollector and PostFilter
Date Tue, 27 Aug 2019 12:05:23 GMT
On Tue, 2019-08-27 at 09:05 +0000, Wittenberg, Lucas wrote:
> But the "customid" field is already set as docValues="true" actually.
> Well, I guess so as it is a type="string" which by default has
> docValues="true".
>
> <field name="customid" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
> required="true" multiValued="false" />
> <fieldType name="string" class="solr.StrField" sortMissingLast="true"
> docValues="true" />

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. It is both stored and docValues and as far
as I can see, the reader.document-methods only deal with stored.

Solr masks the difference between stored & docValues for retrieval by
using SolrDocumentFetcher.decoratedocValueFields but Lucene does not do
that for you. The relevant Solr API seems to be

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/7_0_1/solr-core/org/apache/solr/search/SolrDocumentFetcher.html#doc-int-java.util.Set
-

I don't know the precedence rules for stored vs. dovValues in Solr, so
the safe (best performance) solution would be to implement something
like the pseudo code I wrote earlier.

- Toke Eskildsen, Royal Danish Library