lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Different facet count between 7.7.1 and 8.1.1
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2019 22:08:36 GMT
Can you reproduce it from a clean 7.7.1 install? I mean, index N docs and then run the facet
query? Is it a distributed query or a single shard? Does an "optimize" change anything? Is
this DocValues strings?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

> 12. jun. 2019 kl. 23:49 skrev Markus Jelsma <markus.jelsma@openindex.io>:
>
> Hello again,
>
> We found another oddity when upgrading to Solr 8. For a *:* query, the facet counts for
a simple string field do not match at all between these versions. Solr 7.7.1 gives less or
zero counts where as for 8 we see the correct counts. So something seems fixed for a bug that
i was not aware of, although are unit tests rely heavily on correct facet counts.

> When i do a field query <field>:<facet_key> the numFound matches the correct
facet counts i see on Solr 8.

> I checked CHANGES.txt for anything on this subject, but the issues do not seem to match
this description. Does anyone have an idea what difference in behaviour i see, and what ticket
dealt with this subject?