lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add dynamic field to existing index slow
Date Sun, 30 Jun 2019 14:39:18 GMT
Indexing new documents is just adding additional segments.

Adding new field to a document means:
1) Reading existing document (may not always be possible, depending on
field configuration)
2) Marking existing document as deleted
3) Creating new document with reconstructed+plus new fields
4) Possibly triggering a marge if a lot of documents have been updated

Perhaps the above is a contributing factor. But I also feel that maybe
there is some detail in your question I did not fully understand.

Regards,
   Alex.

On Sun, 30 Jun 2019 at 10:33, derrick cui
<derrickcui827@yahoo.ca.invalid> wrote:

> I have 400k data, indexing is pretty fast, only take 10 minutes, but add dynamic field
to all documents according to query results is very slow, take about 1.5 hours.