lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Issue with max documents on single instance
Date Fri, 31 May 2019 18:45:51 GMT
On 5/31/2019 12:40 PM, Erie Data Systems wrote:
> My question is this, can I implement a "clustered" environment on single
> server so I can take advantage of the segmented data? I have a TON (96gb)
> of RAM and plenty of SSD disk space available...

Yes.  One Solr instance can have many cores, and you can even run a
distributed index without SolrCloud, with some extra effort.

You can even run SolrCloud on a single server.  The embedded ZK is
probably acceptable for that kind of install.  It won't have any
redundancy, of course.

The minimum fault-tolerant SolrCloud install is three servers -- because
ZK requires three.  For the minimum, only two of those servers would
need to run Solr.

Thanks,
Shawn