lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Herbert Hackelsberger <...@technodat.at>
Subject Solr 8.0.0 + IndexUpgrader
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2019 15:19:28 GMT
Hi,

I tried to upgrade my test index from Solr 7.7.1 to Solr 8.0.0.
The file segments_4h7 already contains the string Lucene70.
I upgraded before with this command:

java -cp lucene-core-7.7.1.jar;lucene-backward-codecs-7.7.1.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader
C:\solr\server\solr\syneris\data\index\

Everything went successful, when I start solr via solr.cmd start, no errors are logged.
Now, when I try to upgrade to Solr 8 I also tried to upgraded the index with the following
command:

java -cp lucene-core-8.0.0.jar;lucene-backward-codecs-8.0.0.jar org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader
C:\solr\server\solr\syneris\data\index\

But I always get an exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.lucene.index.IndexFormatTooOldException: Format version
is not supported (resource BufferedChecksumIndexInput(MMapIndexInput(path="C:\solr\server\solr\syneris\data\index\segments_4h7"))):
This index was initially created with Lucene 6.x while the current version is 8.0.0 and Lucene
only supports reading the current and previous major versions.. This version of Lucene only
supports indexes created with release 7.0 and later.
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.readCommit(SegmentInfos.java:318)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.readCommit(SegmentInfos.java:289)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$1.doBody(SegmentInfos.java:432)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$1.doBody(SegmentInfos.java:429)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:680)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos$FindSegmentsFile.run(SegmentInfos.java:632)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentInfos.readLatestCommit(SegmentInfos.java:434)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.DirectoryReader.listCommits(DirectoryReader.java:260)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader.upgrade(IndexUpgrader.java:158)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexUpgrader.main(IndexUpgrader.java:78)

Any ideas, without performing a full reindex?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Herbert Hackelsberger
Kundensupport/Qualitätssicherung
______________________________________
TECHNODAT Technische Datenverarbeitung GmbH
Jakob-Haringer-Straße 6
5020  Salzburg / Austria

T  | +43 (0)662 2282-141
F  | +43 (0)662 2282-9
E  | hah@technodat.at<mailto:hah@technodat.at>
W | www.technodat.at

Rechtsform: GmbH; Firmensitz: Salzburg
Firmenbuchgericht: Landesgericht Salzburg
FN 64072z; DVR: 0481831; UID-Nr. ATU33826508