lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Koen De Groote <koen.degro...@limecraft.com>
Subject Re: How to prevent solr from deleting cores when getting an empty config from zookeeper
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 00:44:51 GMT
I gathered a solr log from 7.6.0 at TRACE level.

Then I replicated the experiment with 6.6.5 and with that version, the
directories were not deleted. Log also included.

The audit log is from solr7. The deletes start at 01:51:48, which
translates to 23:51:48 UTC, which you'll be able to find in the solr7 log.
The directories were deleted, you can see the calls in the audit logs, but
I can't identify in the solr7 log if a delete is being called somewhere.
Could be that it's not logged at all.

I zipped it all and put it on dropbox:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fei2td3zdh92i67/research.zip?dl=0

The order of the setup is:

- zookeeper
- solr
- after setup(contains audit log output of a previous attempt)

Anyone trying to replicate, beware to not blindly copy the commands.
This was done on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 VM, which I suggest for anyone
wanting to test this.

Regards,
Koen