lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can Solr facet on a particular element in a list
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2019 02:06:09 GMT
In a word, “no”.

Assuming these are String fields. You’d have to do something like index to multiple fields,
i.e.

rcsb_enzyme_lineage.name1":"NAD(+) glycohydrolase"
rcsb_enzyme_lineage.name2":"Hydrolases"
rcsb_enzyme_lineage.name3":"Hydrolyzing N-glycosyl compounds"
rcsb_enzyme_lineage.name4":"Glycosylases”

then, since you know the position facet on “the right one”, with obvious index bloat consequences.

And do be aware that in the single-field case, and again assuming multiValued, docValues fields
will collapse identical fields and sort them.

Best,
Erick