lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Emir Arnautović <emir.arnauto...@sematext.com>
Subject Re: Solr index slow response
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 11:10:30 GMT
Hi Aaron,
Which version of Solr? How did you configure your heap? Is it standalone Solr or SolrCloud?
A single server? Do you use some monitoring tool? Do you see some spikes, pauses or CPU usage
is constant?

Thanks,
Emir

> On 18 Mar 2019, at 11:47, Aaron Yingcai Sun <YSun@vizrt.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, Solr!
>

> We are having some performance issue when try to send documents for solr to index. The
repose time is very slow and unpredictable some time.

> Solr server is running on a quit powerful server, 32 cpus, 400GB RAM, while 300 GB is
reserved for solr, while this happening, cpu usage is around 30%, mem usage is 34%.  io also
look ok according to iotop. SSD disk.

> Our application send 100 documents to solr per request, json encoded. the size is around
5M each time. some times the response time is under 1 seconds, some times could be 300 seconds,
the slow response happens very often.

> "Soft AutoCommit: disabled", "Hard AutoCommit: if uncommited for 3600000ms; if 1000000
uncommited docs"

> There are around 100 clients sending those documents at the same time, but each for the
client is blocking call which wait the http response then send the next one.

> I tried to make the number of documents smaller in one request, such as 20, but  still
I see slow response time to time, like 80 seconds.

> Would you help to give some hint how improve the response time?  solr does not seems
very loaded, there must be a way to make the response faster.