lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 9 & solr 7.7.0
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2019 17:06:11 GMT
I am, in fact, trying to get a summary of all this together, we’ll see how successful I am.

I can say that Solr is tested (and has been for quite some time) against JDK 8,9,10,11,12
and even 13. JDK9, from a 10,000 foot perspective, has a success rate in our automated tests
that’s in line with all the other JDKs.

That said, people seem to be settling on JDK11 anecdotally, what’s your reason for using
9 .vs. 11?

Finally, there was one issue with JDK 9 and Kerberos that I’m unsure what the resolution
is, if there is any. If you use Kerberos, be sure to test that first.

Best,
Erick

> On Mar 23, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Jay Potharaju <jspotharaju@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks I missed that info. Will try running with jdk9 and see if it addresses the issue.
> Jay
>
>> On Mar 23, 2019, at 9:00 AM, Shawn Heisey <apache@elyograg.org> wrote:
>>
>>> On 3/23/2019 8:12 AM, Jay Potharaju wrote:
>>> Can I use java 9 with 7.7.0. I am planning to test if fixes issue with high cpu
that I am running into.
>>> Was solr 7.7 tested with java 9?
>>
>> The info for the 7.0.0 release said it was qualified with Java 9, so you should be
fine running 7.7.x in Java 9 as well.  I do not know if it works with Java 10, 11, or 12.