lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Dave Durbin <dav...@canva.com>
Subject Solr 7.6 Shard name - possible issue?
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 01:15:52 GMT
I have a collection with 16 shards. Originally it had 2 shards and then each of those was split
into 8 shards.

When I look at data stored on the servers, I have a couple of shard replicas that have slightly
odd names. For example while most of the shard replicas look like this:

collection-name-2018-10-30_shard1_2_replica_n1

I have a couple who’s replica number exceeds a couple of hundred.

collection-name-2018-10-30_shard2_1_replica_n213

Does this seem reasonable? Does it suggest a problem with these shard replicas or this shard
in general ?

Thanks
Dave

--
*P.S. We've launched a new blog to share the latest ideas and case studies
from our team. Check it out here: product.canva.com