lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Buiocchi <pfb6...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Solr/Tika config question
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 21:53:34 GMT
Greetings,
I am setting up solr 8 on a vanilla Linux Ubuntu server (16.04)
The whole reason for the setup is to index 1000s of PDF files (newspaper scans).
- I created my core and have Solr up and running.- I am assuming that I need Apache Tika to
index the files-Do I tie Tika into Solr via the SOLCONFIG.XML file ?-if so , does anyone have
a sample syntax ?-Tika.jar ? Server or client ?
- are there other PDF converters other than Tika . if so how do they compare.
Any other advice /suggestions
Thank you all , I really appreciate the help !

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android