lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jörn Franke <jornfra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: When solrcloud will support join between two collections
Date Tue, 05 Mar 2019 17:50:40 GMT
What is the purpose of the join? Maybe your requirements can be mapped differently than a join
which is always costly. You could for instance load the data redundantly in both collections.
However this depends on your exact use case.

> Am 05.03.2019 um 18:35 schrieb Jie Luo <jluo@ebi.ac.uk>:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We are developing our search engine using solrcloud with multiple shards. We would like
to join two collections. As far as I know joining two collections only works on standalone
indexes, but does not work on distributed indexes such as solrcloud environment.

> I would like to know if you intend to extend the join functionality to solrcloud environment.
If so, any time frame for the support