lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Paul Buiocchi <pfb6...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Question on Solr/WordPress Integration
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2019 19:18:43 GMT
Thank you Shawn !

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 12:25 PM, Paul Buiocchi<pfb6736@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
 Greetings,

I have a couple of questions about Solr /Wordpress integration -

First , I am not "committed to using WordPress as a front end. If there is a better front
end option , I would be willing to convert. For functionality , all I am looking for is the
ability to full txt search , highlight the search terms in the search results .... It should
be pretty simple , maybe I am overanalyzing it  ...Looking for as much "out of the box" as
possible

My scenario is this:

I am putting together an old newspaper archive site . about 25k pdf files that are full txt
searchable.

Questions on architecture:
1) Is there a way for Solr to index from a local file structure i.e local drive:/newpaper_name/date/page#
? . From the experimenting I have done with Wordpress/Solr integration , I found that I had
to upload the documents in Wordpress to get Solr to recognize them .

I'm sure I will have more questions , any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated -
thank you

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android