lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Menard <Mathieu.Men...@realdolmen.com>
Subject Solr Index Size after reindex
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2019 13:19:06 GMT
Hello,

I would like to have your point of view about an observation we have made on our two alfresco
install (Production and Staging environment) and more specifically on the size of our solr
indexes on these two environments.

Regularly we do a rsync between the Production and the Staging environment, we make a copy
of the Alfresco's DB and a copy of the entire contenstore after that we reindex all the alfresco
content.

We have noticed that for the production environment we have 19 Gb of indexes while in the
staging we have "only" 11. Gb of indexes. We have some difficulties to understand this difference
because we assume that the indexes optimization in the same for a full reindex or for the
normal use of solr.

I've verified the configuration between the two solr instances and I don't see any differences
could you help me to better understand  this phenomenon.

Here you can find some information about our two environment, if you need more details, I
will give you as soon as possible:

PRODUCTION

STAGING

Alfresco version

5.1.1.4

5.1.1.4

Solr Version

[cid:image003.jpg@01D4BFB9.3D87C530]

[cid:image009.jpg@01D4BFB9.3D87C530]

Java version

[cid:image007.png@01D4BFB7.5CE9BED0]

[cid:image008.png@01D4BFB7.5CE9BED0]

Linux Machine

See Staging_caracteristics.txt file in attachment

See Staging_caracteristics.txt file in attachment

Please let me know if you any other information I will sent it to you rapidly.

Kind Regards

Matthieu