lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: How to stop a new slave from serving request until it has replicated index the first time.
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2019 16:22:02 GMT
On 2/6/2019 9:13 AM, Pushkar Raste wrote:
> In the master/slave setup, as soon as I start a new slave it starts to
> serve request. Often the searches result in no documents being found as
> index has not been replicated yet. Is there a way to stop replica from
> serving request (marking node unhealthy) until the index is replicated for
> the first time.

There's probably not a way that's built into Solr.  Perhaps there should
be, but it would have to be implemented, and that might take a release
or two.

But there is a ping request handler, and if your load balancer is using
that to determine server health, you can have the core start up with the
ping health check disabled, and then manually enable it when once it's
really ready.

Thanks,
Shawn