lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Addison, Alex (LNG-LON)" <alex.addi...@lexisnexis.co.uk.INVALID>
Subject RE: Solr 7.7 Cloud - can it adapt to Zookeeper address changes while running?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2019 08:21:33 GMT
Is there a guide to doing this with elastic IPs or Route 53 that you're aware of? If not, I'll
aim to publish one as a blog entry. This is the solution we're working on, but I thought it
was worth asking the community in case there was a simpler way.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com>
Sent: 25 February 2019 07:51
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Cc: Thirunilathil, Shalini (LNG-LON) <shalini.thirunilathil@lexisnexis.co.uk>; Allen,
Steve P. (LNG-LON) <steve.allen@lexisnexis.co.uk>; Irwin, Max (LNG-CON) <max.irwin@lexisnexis.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Solr 7.7 Cloud - can it adapt to Zookeeper address changes while running?

*** External email: use caution ***

And or aws route 53

> Am 25.02.2019 um 08:46 schrieb Jörn Franke <jornfranke@gmail.com>:
>
> Elastic ip addresses?
> https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/elastic-ip-address
> es-eip.html
>
>> Am 25.02.2019 um 08:22 schrieb Addison, Alex (LNG-LON) <alex.addison@lexisnexis.co.uk.invalid>:
>>
>> Hi all, we're looking at how to run Solr & Zookeeper in production. We're running
everything in AWS, and for resiliency we're using Exhibitor with Zookeeper and keeping Zookeeper
in an auto-scaling group just to re-create instances that are terminated for whatever reason.
>> Unfortunately it's not simple to set this up so that Zookeeper retains a fixed IP
or DNS name through such re-creation (i.e. the new virtual machine will have a new name and
IP address); is there a way to inform Solr that the set of Zookeeper nodes it should talk
to has changed? We're using Solr Cloud 7.7.