lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Kranthi Kumar K <KranthiKuma...@ccubefintech.com>
Subject Solr Size Limitation upto 32 KB files
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2019 09:23:30 GMT
Hi,

We are currently using Solr 4.2.1 version in our project and everything is going well. But
recently, we are facing an issue with Solr Data Import. It is not importing the files with
size greater than 32766 bytes (i.e, 32 kb) and showing 2 exceptions:

  1.  java.lang.illegalargumentexception
  2.  org.apache.lucene.util.bytesref hash$maxbyteslengthexceededexception

Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

We have searched for solutions in many forums and didn't find the exact solution for this
issue. Interestingly, we found in the article, by changing the type of the 'field' from sting
to  'text_general' might solve the issue. Please have a look in the below forum:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29445323/adding-a-document-to-the-index-in-solr-document-contains-at-least-one-immense-t

Schema.xml:
Changed from:
'<field name="text" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"
/>'

Changed to:
'<field name="text" type="text_general " indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true"
/>'

We have tried it but still it is not importing the files > 32 KB or 32766 bytes.

Could you please let us know the solution to fix this issue? We'll be awaiting your reply.

[image001]
Thanks & Regards,
Kranthi Kumar.K,
Software Engineer,