lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zheng Lin Edwin Yeo <edwinye...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of segments in collection is more than what is set in TieredMergePolicyFactory
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 17:14:47 GMT
Hi,

We have the following TieredMergePolicyFactory configuration in our
solrconfig,xml

<mergePolicyFactory class="org.apache.solr.index.TieredMergePolicyFactory">
                  <int name="maxMergeAtOnce">10</int>
  <int name="maxMergeAtOnceExplicit">10</int>
                  <int name="segmentsPerTier">10</int>
  <int name="floorSegmentMB">10</int>
  <int name="maxMergedSegmentMB">5120</int>
  <double name="noCFSRatio">0.1</double>
  <int name="maxCFSSegmentSizeMB">2048</int>
  <double name="forceMergeDeletesPctAllowed">10.0</double>
        </mergePolicyFactory>

However, when we index data to the collection, the number of segments that
we are getting does not match what we configured.
For example, our collection size is 13.7 GB. With the above
TieredMergePolicyFactory configuration, we should expect to have 3 segments
(since 13.7 / 5 = 2.74, which rounds up to 3). But we are getting 24
segments in our collection, which we have attached the screenshot in the
link below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hjIQVk_L2Bn9MYOmCdf2wKD_f_D2DNV6/view?usp=sharing

What could be the reason that it is not able to merge the segments to 3,
with each of the  segment size to be 5 GB?

Regards,
Edwin