lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Scott Stults <sstu...@opensourceconnections.com>
Subject Re: Region wise query routing with solr
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2019 11:01:40 GMT
Hi Shruti,

Solr clusters should NOT span regions, so when a query hits a particular
cluster in a region that query should be handled by nodes in that region
and not forwarded to another. My recommendation is to check out
cross-datacenter replication and route requests to the correct region (with
a load balancer or DNS tricks) rather than queries to the correct cluster.

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_6/cdcr-architecture.html

k/r,
Scott

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 2:24 AM shruti suri <er.shrutisuri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to configure Region wise query routing with Solr. Suppose, I have my
> data center in Singapore and India so if user hit a query from India then
> query should fall at Indian data center, likewise for Singapore. How can I
> achieve this? Is there any such functionality in Solr or SolrCloud.
>
> Thanks
>

> -----
> Regards
> Shruti
> --

Scott Stults | Founder & Solutions Architect | OpenSource Connections, LLC
http://www.opensourceconnections.com