lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Hullegård, Jimi <jimi.hulleg...@svensktnaringsliv.se>
Subject Re: Delayed/waiting requests
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2019 02:46:02 GMT
Could be caused by garbage collection in the jvm.

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems

Go down to the segment called “GC pause problems”

/Jimi

Sent from my iPhone

On 11 Jan 2019, at 05:05, Gael Jourdan-Weil <gael.jourdan-weil@kelkoogroup.com<mailto:gael.jourdan-weil@kelkoogroup.com>>
wrote:

Hello,

We are experiencing some performance issues on a simple SolrCloud cluster of 3 replicas (1
core) but what we found during our analysis seems a bit odd, so we thought the community could
have relevant ideas on this.

Load: between 30 and 40 queries per second, constant over time of analysis

Symptoms: high response time over short period of time but quite frequently.
We are talking about requests response time going from 50ms to 5000ms or even worse during
less than 5 seconds, and then going back to normal.

What we found out: just before response time increase, requests seems to be delayed.
That is during 2/3 seconds, requests pile up, no response is sent, and then all requests are
resolved and responses are all returned to the clients at the same time.
Very much like if there was a lock happening somewhere. But we found no "lock" time nor at
JVM or system level.

Does someone can think of something that could explain this in the way Solr works ?
Or ideas to track down the root cause..

Solr version is 7.2.1.

Thanks for reading,

Gaël Jourdan-Weil

Svenskt Näringsliv behandlar dina personuppgifter i enlighet med GDPR. Här kan du läsa
mer om vår behandling och dina rättigheter, Integritetspolicy<https://www.svensktnaringsliv.se/dataskydd/integritet-och-behandling-av-personuppgifter_697219.html?utm_source=sn-email&utm_medium=email>