lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: SolrCloud required ports
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2018 10:42:30 GMT
Hi

This depends on your exact coniguration, so you should ask the engineers who deployed ZK and
Solr, not this list.

If default solr port is used, you'd need at least 8983 open between servers and from the app
server to the cluster.
If default zk port is used, you'd need port 2181 open between all three servers but not externally
(unless you use a client that needs to talk to zk)
Also zk needs to communicate internally in the quorum on two other ports, which could be using
ports 2888 and 3888 but could also be something else depending on your exact configs. These
will never need to be open outside the cluster.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com