lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient - notify on success/failure?
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2018 04:59:34 GMT
On 12/27/2018 1:06 AM, deniz wrote:
> I am trying to figure out if i can log anything or fire some events for other
> listeners (like a jee event and so on) once ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient sends
> the updates to the Solr (i.e internal queue is emptied and the request is
> made with the all of the data to Solr itself) from java code... I am trying
> to find a way to add some logic based on the "flushing" status of
> ConcurrentUpdateSolrClient basically...

CUSC always returns from add requests immediately and indicates success,
before the information is even sent to Solr. If there is a problem
during indexing, it will be logged, but the client will not send any
kind of notification to your program.

That client is designed to take care of indexing operations in the
background, disconnected from the program that initiated the indexing.
It isn't designed for error or success handling. It would take a
redesign of the client to add that capability. Such a redesign is not an
easy task.

Thanks,
Shawn