lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Vadim Ivanov" <vadim.iva...@spb.ntk-intourist.ru>
Subject Soft commit and new replica types
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2018 10:42:45 GMT
Before 7.x all replicas in SolrCloud were NRT type.
And following rules were applicable:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45998804/when-should-we-apply-hard-commit-and-soft-commit-in-solr
and
https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/updatehandlers-in-solrconfig.html#commit-and-softcommit

But having  new TLOG and PULL replica types causing some mess in that explanations.
>From Ref guide we have:
" NRT is the only type of replica that supports soft-commits..."
"If TLOG replica does become a leader, it will behave the same as if it was a NRT type of
replica."
Does it mean, that if we do not have NRT replicas in the cluster then
autoSoftCommit section in solconfig.xml Ignored completely (even on TLOG leader)?

<autoSoftCommit>
  <maxTime>60000</maxTime>
</autoSoftCommit>

Should we say that in autoCommit section openSearcher is always true in that case?

<autoCommit>
  <maxDocs>10000</maxDocs>
  <maxTime>30000</maxTime>
  <maxSize>512m</maxSize>
  <openSearcher>false</openSearcher>
</autoCommit>

Does it mean that new Searcher always starts on all replicas when hard commit happens on leader?
Some words in Ref Guide about new replica types in section #commit-and-softcommit seems to
be usefull.
--
Vadim