lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Error:Missing Required Fields for Atomic Updates
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2018 15:08:16 GMT
On 11/19/2018 9:19 PM, Rajeswari Kolluri wrote:
> Below is part of schema ,   entityid is my unique id field.  Getting exception missing
required field for  "category"  during atomic updates.
<snip>
>      <field name="category" type="string" indexed="true" stored="false" required="true"
docValues="true" />

Your category field is not stored.  And it's required.  It does have
docValues, but unless your Solr version and schema version are new
enough, this definition will make the field unsuitable for atomic updates.

What is your Solr version, and what version do you have declared in your
schema? (newest schema version that I know about is 1.6)

This is the information about what's needed for Atomic Updates to work:

https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/7_5/updating-parts-of-documents.html#field-storage

That documentation is not as specific as it needs to be when it says
that the field can have docValues enabled to meet the requirements.  You
must also have useDocValuesAsStored enabled. This is enabled by default
if your schema version is 1.6 or later ... which is the schema version
that examples are set to in the later releases of Solr.  But if your
schema was designed for an earlier version of Solr, its version probably
may be something earlier than 1.6.

The minimum Solr version required to be able to use docValues as stored
is 5.5.0.  If you have a Solr version before 5.5.0, docValues will not
work for atomic updates at all.

Thanks,
Shawn