lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From lstusr 5u93n4 <lstusr...@gmail.com>
Subject solr cloud - hdfs folder structure best practice
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2018 17:19:27 GMT
Hi All,

Here's a question that I can't find an answer to in the documentation:

When configuring solr cloud with HDFS, is it best to:
  a) provide a unique hdfs folder for each solr cloud instance
or
  b) provide the same hdfs folder to all solr cloud instances.

So for example, if I have two solr cloud nodes, I can configure them either
with:

   node1: -Dsolr.hdfs.home=hdfs://my.hfds:9000/solr/node1
   node2: -Dsolr.hdfs.home=hdfs://my.hfds:9000/solr/node2

Or I could configure both nodes with:

    -Dsolr.hdfs.home=hdfs://my.hfds:9000/solr

In the second option, all solr cloud nodes can "see" all index files from
all other solr cloud nodes. Are there pros or cons to allowing the all of
the solr nodes to see all files in the collection?

Thanks,

Kyle