lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Error:Missing Required Fields for Atomic Updates
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2018 06:08:12 GMT
On 11/20/2018 9:07 PM, Rajeswari Kolluri wrote:
> Schema version is 1.6 and Solr version is 7.5.
>
> While creating a document , I have provide the required information  to field " category".
>
> Now, I would like to update document for other set of fields using Atomic Update but
not category field.

> While performing atomic update ,exception caught with "Missing required field on category".

The schema version of 1.6 should make useDocValuesAsStored default to
true for any field type that supports docValues.Usually, the "string"
type is defined using the StrField class, which does support docValues.
The TextField class does not support docValues.

When you do a query for the document that you're trying to update and
aren't restricting things with the fl parameter, is the category field
shown in the search results?  If not, then you won't be able to update
that document without providing the category field.

Thanks,
Shawn