lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From "Martin Frank Hansen (MHQ)" <...@kmd.dk>
Subject Merging data from different sources
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:57:00 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to merge files from different sources and with different content (except for one
key-field) , how can this be done in Solr?

An example could be:

Document 1
    <Doc>
        <Id>0000001</Id>                                      Unique id for Document
1
        <Journalnumber>test-123</Journalnumber>
        …
        </Doc>

Document 2
    <Doc>
        <Id2>abcdefgh</Id2>                                   Unique id for Document
2
        <Journalnumber>test-123</Journalnumber>
        …
        </Doc>

In the above case I would like to merge on Journalnumber thus ending up with something like
this:

     <Doc>
        <Id>0000001</Id>                                      Unique id for the
merge
        <Journalnumber>test-123</Journalnumber>
        <Id2>abcdefgh</Id2>                                   Reference id for
Document 2.
        …
        </Doc>

How would I go about this? I was thinking about embedded documents, but since I am not indexing
the different data sources at the same time I don’t think it will work. The ideal result
would be to have Document 2 imbedded in Document 1.

I am currently using a schema that contains all fields from Document 1 and Document 2.

I really hope that Solr can handle this, and any help/feedback is much appreciated.

Best regards

Martin

Beskyttelse af dine personlige oplysninger er vigtig for os. Her finder du KMD’s Privatlivspolitik<http://www.kmd.dk/Privatlivspolitik>,
der fortæller, hvordan vi behandler oplysninger om dig.

Protection of your personal data is important to us. Here you can read KMD’s Privacy Policy<http://www.kmd.net/Privacy-Policy>
outlining how we process your personal data.

Vi gør opmærksom på, at denne e-mail kan indeholde fortrolig information. Hvis du ved en
fejltagelse modtager e-mailen, beder vi dig venligst informere afsender om fejlen ved at bruge
svarfunktionen. Samtidig beder vi dig slette e-mailen i dit system uden at videresende eller
kopiere den. Selvom e-mailen og ethvert vedhæftet bilag efter vores overbevisning er fri
for virus og andre fejl, som kan påvirke computeren eller it-systemet, hvori den modtages
og læses, åbnes den på modtagerens eget ansvar. Vi påtager os ikke noget ansvar for tab
og skade, som er opstået i forbindelse med at modtage og bruge e-mailen.

Please note that this message may contain confidential information. If you have received this
message by mistake, please inform the sender of the mistake by sending a reply, then delete
the message from your system without making, distributing or retaining any copies of it. Although
we believe that the message and any attachments are free from viruses and other errors that
might affect the computer or it-system where it is received and read, the recipient opens
the message at his or her own risk. We assume no responsibility for any loss or damage arising
from the receipt or use of this message.