lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sofiya Strochyk ...@interlogic.com.ua>
Subject Re: SolrCloud scaling/optimization for high request rate
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2018 11:50:39 GMT
My swappiness is set to 10, swap is almost not used (used space is on
scale of a few MB) and there is no swap IO.

There is disk IO like this, though:

https://upload.cc/i1/2018/10/30/43lGfj.png
https://upload.cc/i1/2018/10/30/T3u9oY.png

However CPU iowait is still zero, so not sure if the disk io is
introducing any kind of delay...

On 30.10.18 10:21, Deepak Goel wrote:
> Yes. Swapping from disk to memory & vice versa
>

> Deepak
> "The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are
> treated. Please consider stopping the cruelty by becoming a Vegan"
>
> +91 73500 12833
> deicool@gmail.com <mailto:deicool@gmail.com>
>
> Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/deicool
> LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/deicool <http://www.linkedin.com/in/deicool>
>
> "Plant a Tree, Go Green"
>
> Make In India : http://www.makeinindia.com/home
>

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 11:24 PM Sofiya Strochyk <ss@interlogic.com.ua
> <mailto:ss@interlogic.com.ua>> wrote:
>
>     Could you please clarify what is memory disk layer? Do you mean
>     swapping from memory to disk, reading from disk to memory, or
>     something else?
>

>     On 29.10.18 17:20, Deepak Goel wrote:
>>     I would then suspect performance is choking in memory disk layer.
>>     can you please check the performance?
>>
>>     On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, 20:30 Sofiya Strochyk, <ss@interlogic.com.ua
>>     <mailto:ss@interlogic.com.ua>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi Deepak and thanks for your reply,
>>

>>         On 27.10.18 10:35, Deepak Goel wrote:
>>>
>>>         Last, what is the nature of your request. Are the queries
>>>         the same? Or they are very random? Random queries would need
>>>         more tuning than if the queries the same.
>>         The search term (q) is different for each query, and filter
>>         query terms (fq) are repeated very often. (so we have very
>>         little cache hit ratio for query result cache, and very high
>>         hit ratio for filter cache)
>>
>>         --
>>         *Sofiia Strochyk
>>         *