lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Sudip Mukherjee <smukher...@commvault.com>
Subject Replicas do not come up after nodes are restarted in SOLR cloud
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 08:55:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a 2 node SOLR (7.x) cloud cluster on which I have collection with replicas ( replicationFactor
= 2, shard = 1 ). I am seeing that the replicas do not come up ( state is "down")  when both
nodes are restarted. From the "legend" in Graph section, I see that the replicas are in
"recovery failed" state.

Below errors are seen :

2018-09-05 14:07:40.157 ERROR (qtp1347137144-10094) [   ] org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall
null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error trying to proxy request for url: http://localhost/solr/metadata/select
                at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.remoteQuery(HttpSolrCall.java:646)
                at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:500)
                at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:382)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
                at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(SocketInputStream.java:116)

There are other non-replicated collections and they seem to be "active" and able to query
from SOLR UI.

Is this something that we expect when all nodes are restarted? How can we bring the replicas
back online from "recovery failed" state?

Thanks,
Sudip Mukherjee

"This communication may contain confidential and privileged material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. Any unauthorized review, use or distribution
by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received the message by mistake,
please advise the sender by reply email and delete the message. Thank you."