lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>
Subject Making Solr Indexing Errors Visible
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2018 19:23:23 GMT
I'm pretty sure this was covered earlier.  But I can't find references
to it.  The question is how to make indexing errors clear and obvious.
(I find that there are maybe 10% more files in a directory than end up
in the index.  I presume they were indexing errors, but I have no idea
which ones or what might have caused the error.)  As I recall, Solr's
post tool doesn't give any errors when indexing.  I (vaguely) recall
that there's a way (through the logs?) to overcome this and show the
errors.  Or maybe it's that you have to do the indexing outside of Solr?

Terry Steichen