lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Singh <rahul.xavier.si...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Boost only first 10 records
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2018 10:40:31 GMT
I agree , the tow query solution is the simplest to implement and you have much more control
on the UI as well. It seems you want to have a “featured” set of results above and separate
from the organic results from the index.

You could choose to request only specific fields in the “featured” query.

Rahul Singh
Chief Executive Officer
m 202.905.2818

Anant Corporation
1010 Wisconsin Ave NW, Suite 250
Washington, D.C. 20007

We build and manage digital business technology platforms.
On Sep 3, 2018, 6:29 AM -0400, Emir Arnautović <emir.arnautovic@sematext.com>, wrote:
> Hi,
> The requirement is not 100% clear or logical. If user selects filter type:comedy, it
does not make sense to show anything else. You might have “Other categories relavant results”
and that can be done as a separate query. It seems that you want to prefer comedy, but you
have an issue with boosting it too much results in only comedy top results and boosting it
too little does not result in comedy being top hit all the time. Boosting is usually used
to prefer one type if there are similar results but that does not guaranty that they will
be top all the time. Your options are: