lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto recovery of a failed Solr Cloud Node?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2018 17:25:02 GMT
What does "Failed solr node" mean? How do you mean if fails? There's
lots of recovery built in for a replica that gets out-of-sync somehow
(is shut down while indexing is going on etc). All that relies on
having more than one replica per shard of course.

If the node completely dies due to hardware for instance, then yes the
best solution now is to spin up another Solr node. I'm not sure what
REPLACENODE does in this scenario.

If you're using HDFS there's an option to do this since the index is
replicated by HDFS.

Best,
Erick
On Tue, Sep 25, 2018 at 8:48 AM Kimber, Mike <Mike.Kimber@verint.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a recommend design pattern or best practice for auto recovery of a failed Solr
Node?

> I'm I correct to assume there is nothing out of the box for this and we have to code
our own solution?

> Thanks
>
> Michael Kimber
>

> This electronic message may contain proprietary and confidential information of Verint
Systems Inc., its affiliates and/or subsidiaries. The information is intended to be for the
use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient
(or authorized to receive this e-mail for the intended recipient), you may not use, copy,
disclose or distribute to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify us by replying to this
e-mail.