lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Joel Bernstein <joels...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exporting data using solr streaming expressions is randomly not working
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 22:28:19 GMT
Ok, that stack trace shows where the problem. I'll investigate and report
back.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/


On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 4:01 PM Gaini Rajeshwar <
raja.rajeshwar2006@gmail.com> wrote:

> @Joel: On some of the shards, i am seeing the following error in logs.
>
>  null:java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.lucene.util.BitSetIterator.<init>(BitSetIterator.java:61)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ExportWriter.writeDocs(ExportWriter.java:243)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ExportWriter.lambda$null$1(ExportWriter.java:222)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeIterator(JSONResponseWriter.java:515)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:179)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter$2.put(JSONResponseWriter.java:551)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ExportWriter.lambda$null$2(ExportWriter.java:222)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeMap(JSONResponseWriter.java:539)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:181)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter$2.put(JSONResponseWriter.java:551)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ExportWriter.lambda$write$3(ExportWriter.java:220)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeMap(JSONResponseWriter.java:539)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.handler.ExportWriter.write(ExportWriter.java:218)
>         at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore$4.write(SolrCore.java:2686)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriterUtil.writeQueryResponse(QueryResponseWriterUtil.java:49)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.writeResponse(HttpSolrCall.java:787)
>         at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:524)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:377)
>         at
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:323)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1634)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:533)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:146)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:257)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:255)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:203)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:201)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:144)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:219)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:531)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:352)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:260)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.io
> .AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:281)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.io
> .FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102)
>         at org.eclipse.jetty.io
> .ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:760)
>         at
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:678)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
>
>
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2018 at 1:20 AM Gaini Rajeshwar <
> raja.rajeshwar2006@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I've tried with 7.3 version also and encountering same issue.
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 11:02 PM Joel Bernstein <joelsolr@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> That is weird, I've not encountered this behavior. There has been some
> >> changes in 7.4 to the export handler, and I'm wondering if a bug was
> >> introduced. The stack trace you are posting is coming from the node
> where
> >> the expression is being run. Can you check the logs from the shards to
> see
> >> if there are errors on the shards?
> >>
> >>
> >> Joel Bernstein
> >> http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/
> >>
> >>
> >> On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 12:10 PM Gaini Rajeshwar <
> >> raja.rajeshwar2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> > Also, to mention, if i give q="*:*" it is working fine (which is kind
> of
> >> > weird)
> >> >
> >> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 9:35 PM Gaini Rajeshwar <
> >> > raja.rajeshwar2006@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> >
> >> > > Hi All,
> >> > >
> >> > > I am using solr 7.4 version. I am trying to export data using
> >> streaming
> >> > > expressions.
> >> > >
> >> > > Following is the simple curl query that i am using. I am indexing
my
> >> data
> >> > > and testing the following query.
> >> > >
> >> > >     curl --data-urlencode 'expr=search(collection1,
> >> > >>        q="text:solar",
> >> > >>        fl="id",
> >> > >>        sort="id asc",
> >> > >>        qt="/export")'
> http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/stream
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > when i run above query with initial few documents indexed, it is
> >> working
> >> > > fine. After indexing few thousand documents (around , i am getting
> the
> >> > > following error for the same query.
> >> > >
> >> > >     EXCEPTION":"java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> >> > >> java.io.IOException: --> http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/:
> An
> >> > >> exception has occurred on the server, refer to server log for
> >> details."
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > I've looked into my solr logs and the following is the error info
> >> > >
> >> > > java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> >> > >> java.io.IOException: --> http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/:
> An
> >> > >> exception has occurred on the server, refer to server log for
> >> details.
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream.openStreams(CloudSolrStream.java:400)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream.open(CloudSolrStream.java:275)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.ExceptionStream.open(ExceptionStream.java:54)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.handler.StreamHandler$TimerStream.open(StreamHandler.java:397)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.TupleStream.writeMap(TupleStream.java:83)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeMap(JSONResponseWriter.java:539)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.TextResponseWriter.writeVal(TextResponseWriter.java:181)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeNamedListAsMapWithDups(JSONResponseWriter.java:209)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeNamedList(JSONResponseWriter.java:325)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONWriter.writeResponse(JSONResponseWriter.java:120)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.JSONResponseWriter.write(JSONResponseWriter.java:71)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.response.QueryResponseWriterUtil.writeQueryResponse(QueryResponseWriterUtil.java:65)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.writeResponse(HttpSolrCall.java:787)
> >> > >> at org.apache.solr.servlet.HttpSolrCall.call(HttpSolrCall.java:524)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:377)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:323)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1634)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:533)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:146)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:257)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:1595)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextHandle(ScopedHandler.java:255)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1253)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:203)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:473)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:1564)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.nextScope(ScopedHandler.java:201)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1155)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:144)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:219)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:126)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.rewrite.handler.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:335)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:132)
> >> > >> at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:531)
> >> > >> at
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:352)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:260)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >> org.eclipse.jetty.io
> >> >
> .AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:281)
> >> > >> at org.eclipse.jetty.io
> .FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:102)
> >> > >> at org.eclipse.jetty.io
> >> .ChannelEndPoint$2.run(ChannelEndPoint.java:118)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.runTask(EatWhatYouKill.java:333)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.doProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:310)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.tryProduce(EatWhatYouKill.java:168)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.EatWhatYouKill.run(EatWhatYouKill.java:126)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.ReservedThreadExecutor$ReservedThread.run(ReservedThreadExecutor.java:366)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:760)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$2.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:678)
> >> > >> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
> >> > >> Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
> >> java.io.IOException:
> >> > >> --> http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/: An exception has
> >> occurred
> >> > >> on the server, refer to server log for details.
> >> > >> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
> >> > >> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream.openStreams(CloudSolrStream.java:394)
> >> > >> ... 49 more
> >> > >> Caused by: java.io.IOException: -->
> >> > >> http://localhost:8983/solr/collection1/: An exception has occurred
> >> on
> >> > >> the server, refer to server log for details.
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.SolrStream.read(SolrStream.java:225)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream$TupleWrapper.next(CloudSolrStream.java:484)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream$StreamOpener.call(CloudSolrStream.java:507)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.CloudSolrStream$StreamOpener.call(CloudSolrStream.java:494)
> >> > >> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.common.util.ExecutorUtil$MDCAwareThreadPoolExecutor.lambda$execute$0(ExecutorUtil.java:209)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
> >> > >> ... 1 more
> >> > >> Caused by: java.io.IOException: JSONTupleStream: expected
> >> OBJECT_START
> >> > >> but got EOF
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.JSONTupleStream.expect(JSONTupleStream.java:99)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.JSONTupleStream.advanceToDocs(JSONTupleStream.java:179)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.JSONTupleStream.next(JSONTupleStream.java:77)
> >> > >> at
> >> > >>
> >> >
> >>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.io.stream.SolrStream.read(SolrStream.java:194)
> >> > >> ... 8 more
> >> > >
> >> > >
> >> > > Is it because new documents have something unusual in their content?
> >> Even
> >> > > if that is the case, i am requesting only one field which is **id**
> >> and
> >> > > there is nothing unusual about it.
> >> > >
> >> > > Any idea what what is issue here ?
> >> > >
> >> >
> >>
> >
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message