lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: SOLR 7.0 DIH out of memory issue with sqlserver
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 01:38:02 GMT
On 9/18/2018 4:48 PM, Tanya Bompi wrote:
>    I have the SOLR 7.0 setup with the DataImportHandler connecting to the
> sql server db. I keep getting OutOfMemory: Java Heap Space when doing a
> full import. The size of the records is around 3 million so not very huge.
> I tried the following steps and nothing helped thus far.

See this wiki page:

https://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandlerFaq

You already have the suggested fix -- setting responseBuffering to
adaptive.  You might try upgrading the driver.  If that doesn't work,
you're probably going to need to talk to Microsoft about what you need
to do differently on the JDBC url.

I did find this page:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/jdbc/using-adaptive-buffering?view=sql-server-2017

This says that when using adaptive buffering, you should avoid using
selectMethod=cursor.  So you should try removing that parameter.

Thanks,
Shawn