lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: ZooKeeper issues with AWS
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2018 14:40:53 GMT
On 9/1/2018 3:42 AM, Björn Häuser wrote:
> as far as I can see the required fix for this is finally in 3.4.13:
>
> - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2184 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-2184>
>
> Would be great to have this in the next solr update.

Issue created.

Note that you can actually do this upgrade yourself on your Solr
install.  In server/solr-webapp/webapp/WEB-INF/lib, just delete the
current zookeeper jar, copy the 3.4.13 jar into the directory, then
restart Solr.  If you're on Windows, you'll need to stop Solr before you
can do that.  Windows doesn't allow deleting a file that is open.

I expect that if you do this upgrade yourself, Solr should work without
problems.  Typically in the past when a new ZK version is included, no
code changes are required.

Thanks,
Shawn