lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Auto recovery of a failed Solr Cloud Node?
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2018 01:08:06 GMT
> I thought someone recently mentioned (but I cannot find a reference,
> sorry) that Solr would automatically restart if an OutOfMemoryError
> was encountered.
>
> Is that only for single-note Solr (i.e. non-cloud/ZK)?

On non-windows systems, Solr includes an "oom killer" script.  This will
find the Solr PID and execute "kill -9" on it if OutOfMemoryError is
thrown.  We have an issue to add this capability for Windows as well,
but the work hasn't been done yet.

If somebody has a Solr install that automatically restarts itself, that
install has been altered and isn't what the project shipped.

Thanks,
Shawn