lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Solr 6.4.1: : SolrException:nfs no locks available
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:58:58 GMT
On 9/5/2018 6:55 AM, Imran Rajjad wrote:
> I am using Solr Cloud 6.4.1. After a hard restart the solr nodes are
> constantly showing to be in DOWN state and would not go into recovery. I
> have also deleted the write.lock files from all the replica folders, but
> the problem would not go away. The error displayed at web console is : no
> locks available
>
> My replica folders reside in an nfs mount, I am using RHEL 6/CentOS6.8. Has
> anyone ever faced this issue?

Lucene-based software (including Solr) does NOT work well on NFS.  NFS
does not provide all the locking functionality that Lucene tries to use
by default.

You're probably going to need to change the lock factory, and might even
need to completely disable locking.  If you do disable locking, you have
to be VERY careful to never allow more than one core or more than one
Solr instance to try and open a core directory.  Doing so will likely
corrupt the index.

I strongly recommend NOT using NFS storage for Solr.  In addition to
locking problems, it also tends to be extremely slow.Use a local filesystem.

Thanks,
Shawn