lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Realtime get not always returning existing data
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2018 18:53:38 GMT
On 9/27/2018 11:48 AM, sgaron cse wrote:
> So this is a SOLR core where we keep configuration data so it is almost
> never written to. The statistics for the core say its been last modified 4
> hours ago, yet I got doc:null from the API an hour ago. And also you don't
> have to have a lot of data into the core. For example, this core has only
> 11 documents in it. The document I'm trying to fetch is about 45KB if that
> matters.

Are there multiple replicas of this collection?  Have you tried sending
requests specifically to the replica cores with distrib=false on the URL
to keep SolrCloud from sending the request elsewhere within the cluster,
to see if maybe the replicas are not as synchronized as they should be?
Without distrib=false, you cannot control which machine(s) will answer
your query.

Replicas shouldn't get out of sync unless something goes very wrong, but
it has been known to happen.

> Other things to note, this SOLR cloud instance is running multiple cores (9
> cores total) and some of them are getting completely hammered. But I
> figured that each core is it's own thing, I may be wrong.
>
> BTW, I'm not 100% familiar with SOLR cloud but I see in the Replication
> section that the Master (saerching) and the Master (Replicable) are running
> different version / different gen. Not sure if that matters, not sure what
> that means.

For normal usage, you can completely ignore the replication master
information when Solr is running in SolrCloud mode. SolrCloud only uses
replication for recovering indexes that get out of sync (in a way that
SolrCloud can detect), and it configures the replication handler on the
fly when it is needed. The information it returns at any other time will
be meaningless. When things are operating normally, the replication
feature will never be used.

Thanks,
Shawn