lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject RE: indexing two words, searching single word
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2018 10:43:19 GMT
Hello,

If your case is English you could use synonyms to work around the problem of the few compound
words of the language. However, would you be dealing with a Germanic compound language, the
HyphenationCompoundWordTokenFilter [1] or DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilter are a better choice.
The former is much more flexible but has its drawbacks.

Regards,
Markus

https://lucene.apache.org/core/7_4_0/analyzers-common/org/apache/lucene/analysis/compound/HyphenationCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory.html