lucene-solr-user mailing list archives

From Zehua Liu <zehua....@gmail.com>
Subject missing jmx stats for num_docs and max_doc
Date Wed, 29 Aug 2018 06:52:13 GMT
Hi,

We are running a 7.4.0 solr cluster with 3 tlogs and a few pulls. There is
one collection divided into 8 shards, with each tlog has all 8 shards, and
each pull either has shard1 to 4 or shard5 to 8.

When using jmx to collect num_docs metrics via datadog, we found that the
metrics for some shards are missing. For example, on one tlog, we saw only
num_docs stats for shard3/4/5/8 and on another shard1/2/3/4/5/8. There
seems to be more max_doc, but it's also missing for some shards.

This only happens to the tlog instances so far. Restarting the solr process
does not help.

Did anyone encounter this before? What should I do next to continue to
troubleshoot this?

Thanks,
Zehua